Narrowing the Attainment Gap: A Handbook for Schools explores a top priority for governments and policymakers, and an issue that all schools must tackle. Daniel Sobel is a leading international expert in the field of inclusion and, together with his team of consultants at Inclusion Expert, has worked with over 1,000 schools to help them understand and reduce their attainment gap. He takes a unique approach that enables school leaders to develop their own bespoke solutions to meet the needs of their community and drive change at an individual, cohort and whole-school level.
On Friday 9th March Bloomsbury Education and Inclusion Expert launched Daniel Sobel’s new book Narrowing the Attainment Gap: A Handbook for Schools at the House of Commons. Heads of multi-academy trusts, local authorities and federations from across the country joined together to celebrate the publication of the book and to hear about the lessons Daniel has learned from working with 1,000 schools and the implications for regional development.
Here’s what was said on the day:
“We were delighted to welcome over 150 leaders from the education sector to my book launch at the House of Commons. Heads of multi-academy trusts, teaching school alliances, virtual schools and local authorities from across the country joined the Inclusion Expert team for this special occasion. I was proud to be able to launch my first book in front of such a distinguished group of guests.”
– Daniel Sobel, Author and Founder of Inclusion Expert
“Bloomsbury Education were absolutely thrilled to support the launch of Narrowing the Attainment Gap at the House of Commons on Friday. It was a most memorable celebration of this extremely timely and significant publication.”
– Hannah Marston, Commissioning Editor, Bloomsbury
Awards on the day:
The event was also an opportunity for Inclusion Expert to issue special awards to headteachers who have made rapid and sustainable progress in their schools in the face of significant challenges.
The awards were issued to:
- Louise Lomax – Headteacher, Mepal and Witcham Church of England Primary School, Mepal, Ely (nominated by Sarah Conant, COO Diocese of Ely)
- Dan Doud – Head of School, William de Yaxley Church of England Academy, Yaxley, Peterborough (nominated by Sarah Conant, COO Diocese of Ely)
- Emma Haddow – Vice Principal, Belfairs Academy, Leigh-on-Sea (nominated by Bev Williams, CEO Legra Academy Trust
- Vicky Sammon – Headteacher, Bridlewood Primary School, Swindon (nominated by Sonja Joseph, Virtual Head Swindon)
Watch the video to learn more:
For more information or to request an author interview please contact: Laura Beveridge firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7631 5831