How does the Ofsted Prep Day work?
Ofsted prep days are an opportunity for school leaders to review the provision provided by the school in advance of an inspection. They are designed to be both a review and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training session for the school’s Senior Leadership.
Reviews are led by a qualified Ofsted inspector and go through many of the activities that are common to an Ofsted inspection. We encourage all parties involved to have honest discussions about the provision in the school.Request Callback
What might a visit look like?
The review is a cooperative process that should include Senior Leadership team members. We go through many of the activities that Oftsed inspections usually involve.
- Key documents sent to the reviewer.
- A meeting with Headteacher and Data Lead for the school to establish the line of enquiry for the review.
- A meeting with SENDCo, CLA Designated Lead & PP Lead.
- A meeting with Middle Leaders from agreed areas of the school.
- Verbal feedback to SLT.
- A learning walk that sees pupils who will be in the pupil voice exercise in the classroom.
- Student voice exercise with pupils.
- Book look (students in the above group).
- Verbal Feedback to SLT.
What sort of things are covered in the review?
Leadership and Management
Where are the areas of better practice in the school and areas of practice that could be improved?
Identifying where the school or academy is doing better at and where there are areas for improvement.
Teaching and Learning
Identifying strengths and weaknesses in this area.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
The process naturally draws out discussions around PDWB and will be discussed as they arise.
What have schools said about our Ofsted Prep Days?
Other ways we can help:
Narrowing the Attainment Gap
Narrowing the Attainment Gap is designed to support school leaders in understanding and reducing the attainment gap in the context of their setting. Drawing on research and his own extensive experience in leading a team that has worked with over 1,000 schools, Daniel Sobel examines the real issues behind the attainment gap and the barriers schools face when trying to narrow it.Buy on Amazon
Work with an Inclusion Expert to maximise your SEN budget and demonstrate the impact of your work.
Our consultancy will ensure you are compliant with the SEND Code of Practice 0-25, are maximising your SEN assessment, provision and budget and that you can demonstrate the impact of your work. By the end of the day we will have co-authored an implementation plan setting a clear path to your next Ofsted level.Find out more
You might also like:
- SEN review
- Pupil Premium review
- Behaviour review
- TA audit
- Provision audit
- Differentiation coaching
- SENCO coaching
- Inclusive leadership training
- EYFS review
- Safeguarding review
- Governance review
- Pre-Exclusion and top five most challenging behaviour cases surgery
- Speech and Language review and training for teachers
- Reducing time and maximising the positive outcomes of your most challenging five students
- How to narrow your PP attainment gap by 30% in six months
- How to get the most from your SEN budget, SENCO and TAs and maximise the outcome of your most vulnerable students
- How to get the most out of your EYFS team
- Implementing wholeschool measurable and sustainable impact
- SENCO forum series – minimising the efforts, maximising the impact
Read our free education tips from our consultants: